Tuesday, January 10, 2012

"On the way..."

I still remember this very interesting scene back in JC, when we were gathered for a meeting.. Shadows I/Cs and the two teacher-in-charge - Mr C and Mr L. Mr L: Okay today we gather here to discuss about blah-blah-blah.... I just texted Mr C and he says that he's on his way already. -ten minutes later- Mr L: Brother, where are you? Mr C: On PIE already. Mr L: Oh okay. -after hanging up the phone- I wonder where on PIE. PIE very long leh. -30 minutes later- Mr C reached. And meeting starts. -After meeting ended- Mr C to a few of us: Actually just now ah, "on the way" meant leaving house soon. "On PIE already" meant just left house. Us: *nods* We know. // Punctuality means so little to people nowadays. Girls used to be fashionably late for dates. Then guys learnt the trick and started to be fashionably late but not as late as girls. Then suddenly, everyone started being late. Those who continue to be early or punctual how? Wait lo. In JC, if you were going to be late, you were supposed to send a text to others to tell them that you will be late. Sadly, after leaving JC, few have the habit to at least notify others that you will be late. They only tell you when you call and ask where they are and the reply will be "Oh, I'm going to be ---- minutes late. Sorry." leaving the caller stunned. Couldn't you inform earlier? Or are you too "big" to even call and inform -.- habits that were supposedly ingrained into you during JC were apparently not ingrained after all... a good load of training that was!